Ambrx is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company enabling next generation protein therapeutics using an expanded genetic code to produce high value biologics such as long-acting proteins, antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) and bi-specific antibodies. At Ambrx, we are dedicated to assembling and developing an exceptional team and a breakthrough technology to create next generation protein therapeutics.
Ambrx is seeking a highly creative and motivated organic/medicinal chemist with project leadership skills to be part of a growing chemistry team, who can contribute to discovering novel protein therapeutics to help patients in need.
- The successful candidate will lead internal/external programs and cross-functional teams to execute project plans
- Lead our ADC, payload, linker, peptide design strategies and synthesis
- Independently carryout structure-activity relationship studies and interpret experimental results to propose new compound designs
- Proven ability to initiate new programs and understanding of biology concepts to deliver proof-of-concept data to make Go/No Go decisions
- Proven ability to identify problems and propose solutions to move programs forward
- Carryout analytical and preparative method development to support internal chemistry needs
- Communicate research findings to the key stake holders and present in project meetings/conferences
- Contribute to patent application writing and research reports
- Identify and establish working relationships with CROs and manage external chemistry resources
- Safe keeping and operation of lab and lab equipment
- PhD. in organic/medicinal chemistry or related field with minimum 8-12 years of industry experience
- Experience working with antibody drug conjugates and understanding of ADC field is a requirement
- Proven track record in ADC project leadership and demonstrated success in payload identification/optimization, and carrying out SAR studies
- Experience in structure-based and pharmacophore-based drug designs
- Experience in modern synthetic organic chemistry techniques, designing new synthetic routes for biologically active molecules and carrying out multi-step synthesis in milligram to multi-gram scale
- Hands-on experience with analytical and purification equipment including HPLC, LC-MS and NMR
- Experience working with small molecule CDMOs and contributing to CMC section writings is a plus
- Excellent presentation skills, communication, organization, and collaborative skills are essential
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits.