Ambrx (NYSE: AMAM) is a clinical-stage biologics company focused on discovering and developing a novel class of specific and selective engineered precision biologics, using our proprietary platform technology that allows site-specific incorporation of synthetic amino acids (SAAs) into proteins within living cells. Our product candidates are designed to overcome the inherent limitations of conventional conjugation approaches that use non-site-specific conjugation, in order to optimize for safety and efficacy benefits across multiple therapeutic classes in broad therapeutic areas.
Ambrx is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Manager. This position has overall responsibility for timely financial input and payment processing within the accounts payable function. The Accounts Payable Manager will maintain vendor relationships, interact with Ambrx personnel across various levels and functions, and help implement improvements to procedures and ensure compliance with our policies. This position also provides analysis and support to the accounting and finance personnel and handles special projects as they arise.
- Oversee process of daily invoice and credit memos recoding through the the Accounts Payable mailbox and responding to vendor inquiries in a timely manner, including saving all invoices, credit memos and vendor statements to Sharepoint
- Identify the need for a use tax accrual on invoices at the time of entry and properly including the accrual in the proper period
- Oversee daily Accounts Payable batches including entering invoices using 2-way and 3-way matching, reviewing your batches including invoice coding, vendor name, invoice number, invoice date, invoice amount, etc. Make any necessary adjustments and provide for review and posting.
- Prepare weekly check runs, or as needed, including manual payments entries, preparing Prenotes, ACHs and Wires as well as banking verification of electronic payments (ACH/wires) with 3rd
- Responsible for reconciling the credit card monthly and ensuring expenses are properly recorded
- Prepare month-end journal entries, including but not limited to Accounts Payable accruals and prepaids amortization
- Review and approve monthly accruals for unmatched packing slips & Use Tax.
- Review and approve W-9s repository and distribution of 1099s and other related tax forms.
- Assist in quarterly reviews and year end audit work by providing supporting documentation
- Preparing monthly account reconciliations for Accounts Payable and prepaids and resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner
- Comply with relevant internal controls, policies, and procedures
- Monitor and analyze specific Accounts Payable operations, such as invoice research and follow up with vendor and obtaining necessary estimates for monthly Accounts Payable accruals
- Lead the search for unrecorded liabilities at each quarter-end, to support SEC filings and related SOX compliance.
- Assisting with Ad Hoc projects as assigned
- Supervise the accounts payable staff to ensure timely work product consistent with Company and department goals.
- Minimum of (7-10) seven to ten years experience in accounts payable, including supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred and experience in the biotech industry
- Experience with Great Plains Dynamics required
- Intermediate-level skills using Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Detail oriented, well-organized, accurate, and able to effectively perform multiple tasks and meet set deadlines
- Strong communication (both written and oral)
- Must be a team-player, self-starter, and able to work with all levels of the organization
- Experience in SOX compliance
- Familiarity with California sales/use tax, W-9 and 1099 reporting
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code to email@example.com. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits.