Ambrx is a biopharmaceutical company enabling a new field of protein medicinal chemistry, using a fundamentally new technology that directs incorporation of amino acids beyond nature’s conserved set into biosynthetic proteins to produce high value biologics products.
We are seeking an independent, experienced, and self-motivated Scientist to be a key member of the downstream process development and Bioconjugation group in a fast-paced, dynamic organization. The successful candidate will:
- Independently design, execute, and document studies supporting the research, development, and scale-up of therapeutic proteins from mammalian and microbial expression systems
- Develop phase‑appropriate downstream processes for research and clinical production
- Play a role in technology transfer to support toxicology and clinical manufacturing at contract development and manufacturing organizations (CDMOs)
- Will be a goal-oriented team player with excellent troubleshooting and communication skills and adaptive to a timeline driven work environment
- PhD with 4 years, MS with 8 years, or BS with 12 years of industry experience in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field developing protein/antibody purification processes to support pre-clinical and clinical stage programs.
- Experience in the downstream process development and scale-up of therapeutic proteins is required. Experience in antibody-drug conjugates (ADC) is highly preferred.
- Hands-on experience and scientific knowledge of the following are required
- Modern purification techniques for proteins and protein conjugates (chromatography, filtration (TFF and NFF), and conjugation)
- Chromatography – affinity, IEX, HIC, and multi-modal
- Programming and operating chromatography (ÄKTA) and TFF systems
- Column packing and evaluation at various scales
- Basic analytical techniques (i.e., gel electrophoresis, HPLC, UV-Vis, ELISA, etc.)
- Experience in process characterization, scale-up, and technology transfer to CDMO to support clinical manufacturing is highly desired.
- Process development and optimization using statistical tools (DOE and data analysis) is a plus.
- Proficient scientific writing skills, including protocols, reports, batch records. Regulatory filings (e.g., IND, IMPD, etc.) is a plus.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, collaborative, and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, organization, and collaborative skills are essential.
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits.