Ambrx Inc., is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing Precision Biologics using an expanded genetic code. Ambrx technology uses an expanded genetic code to incorporate synthetic amino acids into protein, all completed within a living cell. These synthetic amino acids enable the creation of Precision Biologics, an exciting new class of therapeutics with broad application and potential. This includes next-generation antibody drug conjugates (ADCs), bispecifics, and targeted immuno-oncology therapies for cancer as well as smart cytokines to modulate the immune system, and long-acting therapeutic peptides for metabolic and cardiovascular disease.
Ambrx is seeking 2 highly motivated Senior Research Associates to join the Discovery Group. The primary responsibility is to support multiple oncology and immune-oncology projects from discovery to the preclinical phase. The candidate will work in a multidisciplinary and dynamic team environment to help with discovery and develop precision engineered biological drugs that change patients’ lives.
- Work in the Discovery Group to support multiple discovery projects to expand Ambrx’s early pipeline
- Build DNA constructs for various formats of biological therapeutics
- Collaborate seamlessly with cell culture group to quickly deliver protein material for discovery projects
- Generate recombinant stable cell lines for assay development and preclinical animal models
- Develop and perform in vitro biological assays to characterize drug candidates
- MS degree with 4+ years of experience, or BS degree with 6-8 years of experience, in the biotech and /or pharmaceutical industry
- Expertise in molecular biology, especially in cloning, PCR, and vector construction
- Expertise in recombinant protein expression in a wide variety of systems (bacterial, mammalian cells)
- Excellent skills in aseptic tissue culture, in vitro biological assays, ELISA
- Hands-on experience in FACS based assays
- Prior experience in stable cell line generation and assay development is desired
- Prior experience working with oncology and immune-oncology therapeutic proteins and translational science is a plus
- Demonstrated passion to learn and advance new technology
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a matrixed team environment
- Good oral/ written communication and strong problem-solving skills
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code to email@example.com. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits.