Job Code: 70-21BA
Ambrx (NYSE: AMAM) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company with a mission to deliver breakthrough protein therapeutics through our proprietary technology. Unlike conventional conjugation technologies that creates a mixture of suboptimal molecules, Ambrx technology incorporates non-natural amino acids beyond the common twenty into the protein biosynthesis, enabling site specific conjugation of payloads, pharmacokinetic extenders with proteins to create novel homogenous molecular species that is optimized for safety, efficacy and biophysical properties.
The Sr. Director FP&A reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer. This position will be integral to the continued growth of the company, by providing financial support and analysis as well as strategic financial support throughout the company. Activities will include financial analysis and forecasting, budgeting, financial reporting, financial consulting and strategic support to senior management, including report preparation, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, new business opportunities analysis, and other projects as requested.
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting and reporting on a company-wide basis. Develop and maintain overall financial planning calendar and process for the current year budget, forecast updates and long-range financial plan.
- Conduct quarterly and monthly financial reporting, including but not limited to monthly executive packages, board of director presentations, and budget summaries.
- Prepare and distribute monthly/quarterly financial reports with operating results (consolidated and departmental level) and provide quantitative and qualitative analysis of key variance and trends.
- Work closely with business leaders to provide financial support to drive and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope (e.g., balancing risk, approving significant deals). Regularly meet with functional and departmental managers to review and discuss budget vs. actuals.
- Ensure that the financial strategies and initiatives are integrated with corporate and business strategies.
- Work closely with clinical and accounting team on developing clinical trial accrual worksheets.
- Design business processes and draft appropriate policies and procedures to support those business processes.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, and indirect expenses.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances
- Manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plans, and Modeling tools including Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis.
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies.
- Develop complex and dynamic financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Oversee the key controls within domains of responsibility to ensure compliance with legal and accounting requirements.
- Manages company FP&A system and supports evaluation and implementation of new financials systems while working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists in the preparation of materials for management and audit/board committee meetings.
- Support various Investor relations related activities, including reviewing and summarizing analyst reports; assistance with quarterly and annual Earnings Release, Investor Decks and other outside communications as appropriate.
- 10+ years of progressive, relevant experience, with a mix of small and large, public company experience; previous experience in Biotech highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree / advanced degree in accounting, finance or economics; CPA preferred.
- Ability to pivot and work well in fast-paced environment, with significant growth.
- Demonstrated experience creating concise decisions, with supporting analysis.
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide finance consultation to senior managers.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Expertise in utilizing enterprise systems and reporting tools such as Adaptive Insights.
- Experience in utilizing financial systems such as Great Plains, or similar systems.
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Demonstrated, strong leadership skills, with the ability to ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate developed strategies and analysis clearly and effectively.
- Ability to think creatively, accompanied with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Detail oriented with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis.
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously.
- Strong leadership and influence skills with a demonstrated business partnering approach.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume/CV referencing the position code to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants whose qualifications and experiences most closely match the requirements will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensations & benefits. EOE.