Ambrx is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company enabling new field of protein medicinal chemistry using an expanded genetic code to produce high value biological products such as long-acting proteins, antibody drug conjugates and bi-specific antibodies.
Ambrx is seeking a highly motivated research scientist to join the Targeted Biologics Development Team. The main job responsibility is to express engineered proteins to support multiple oncology and immune-oncology projects from discovery to preclinical phase. The candidate will work in a multidisciplinary and dynamic team environment to help with the discovery and development of precision engineered biological drugs that change patients’ lives.
- Support multiple discovery projects both intellectually and experimentally to expand Ambrx’s early pipeline
- Build DNA constructs for various formats of biological therapeutics
- Collaborate seamlessly with cell culture group to quickly deliver protein material for discovery projects
- Generate recombinant stable cell lines for assay development and preclinical animal models
- Develop and perform in vitro biological assays to characterize drug candidates
- PhD degree in biology/biochemistry or related discipline with 1-3 years of drug discovery experience in the biotech and /or pharmaceutical industry
- Expertise in molecular biology, especially in cloning, PCR, and vector construction
- Expertise in recombinant protein expression in a wide variety of systems (bacterial, mammalian cells)
- Excellent skills in aseptic tissue culture, in vitro biological assays, ELISA
- Hands-on experience in FACS based assays
- Prior experience in stable cell line generation and assay development is desired
- Prior experience working with oncology and immune-oncology therapeutic proteins and translational science is a plus
- Demonstrated passion to learn and advance new technology
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a matrixed team environment
- Good oral/ written communication and strong problem-solving skills
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code to email@example.com. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits.