Ambrx is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company enabling new field of protein medicinal chemistry using an expanded genetic code to produce high value biological products such as long-acting proteins, antibody drug conjugates and bi-specific antibodies.
We are seeking a highly creative and motivated organic/medicinal chemist to be a key member of dynamic research organization. The successful candidate will be part of a growing chemistry team who can contribute to discovering novel protein therapeutics to help patients in need.
- The successful candidate will support our small molecule, linker, and peptide synthesis needs
- Carryout structure-activity relationship studies delivering high quality material for biological testing
- Interpret experimental results such as in vitro/in vivo data to support new compound design and SAR
- Carryout analytical and preparative method development to support internal chemistry needs
- Collaborate and interface with other functional areas including analytical, biology and pharmacology to facilitate development and execution of project plans
- Communicate research findings to the key stake holders and present in project meetings/conferences
- Contribute to patent application writing and research reports
- Identify and establish working relationships with CROs and manage external chemistry resources
- Safe keeping and operation of lab and lab equipment
- Ph.D. in organic/medicinal chemistry or related field with minimum 2-6 years of post-doctoral/industry experience
- Proven track record in drug discovery and demonstrated success in Hit/Lead identification and optimization, and carrying out SAR studies
- Experience in structure-based and pharmacophore-based drug designs
- Experience in modern synthetic organic chemistry techniques, designing new synthetic routes for complex molecules and carrying out multi-step synthesis of biologically active molecules
- Hands-on experience with analytical and purification equipment HPLC, LC-MS and NMR etc.
- Experience working with antibody drug conjugates is a plus
- Must have strong presentation skills
- Excellent communication, organization and collaborative skills are essential
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits.