Ambrx is a biopharmaceutical company enabling a new field of protein medicinal chemistry, using a fundamentally new technology that directs incorporation of amino acids beyond nature’s conserved set into biosynthetic proteins to produce high value biologics products. Ambrx is seeking a highly motivated scientist to be a key member of a fast-paced and dynamic organization.
- Lead the cell line development (CLD) group to optimize CLD process to further improve efficiency and shorten timeline.
- Improve transient expression titer of mAb or other therapeutic proteins to quickly provide gram of material for discovery projects.
- Collaborate seamlessly with cell culture group to deliver production cell lines for GMP manufacturing and to develop platform batch/fed batch cell culture process.
- Represent CLD function to participate internal and external project meetings, provide scientific insights and contribute to regulatory filings.
- Mentor and manage junior scientists and maintain instruments in cell culture laboratories.
- PhD molecular biologist or biochemist with 6+ years’ of Quality Control experience or MS with 8+ years’ of Quality Control experience in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry. PhD molecular biologist or biochemist with 6+ years’ of Quality Control experience or MS with 8+ years’ of Quality Control experience in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industryCell biologist or molecular biologist with the degree of PhD with 5 years or MS with 8 years or BS with 10+ years of experience in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry.
- Expertise in recombinant protein expression in a wide variety of systems (bacterial, mammalian cell lines) in industry setting.
- Proven track record in industry-relevant mammalian expression system (CHO, HEK293 et al) using transient, stable bulk pool format as well as GMP stable cell line development and cell line engineering.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in general molecular biology, especially in cloning, PCR and vector construction.
- Excellent hands-on skills in aseptic tissue culture, ELISA, HPLC, Octet.
- Working experience in cell culture ranging from microplates, deep-well plates to shake flask. Knowledge and hands on experience in wave bag is a plus.
- Skills in operation and maintenance of imager, cell counter, multitron, wave bag.
- Skilled in writing cell line related technical report for tech transfer and regulatory filing.
- Demonstrated passion to learn and advance new technology.
- The ability to succeed in a multidisciplinary and dynamic team environment.
- Independent thinking and team player. Experience in training and leading junior scientists is a plus.
- Good communication and strong problem-solving skills
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits. EOE