Ambrx, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company with a mission to deliver breakthrough protein therapeutics. Ambrx is based on a fundamental advance in protein biosynthesis that enables the company to genetically engineer proteins with new amino acid building blocks beyond the common twenty, enabling the biosynthesis of proteins with new physical, chemical, and pharmacological properties. At Ambrx, we are dedicated to assembling and developing an exceptional team and a breakthrough technology to create the next generation of protein-based medicines.
Ambrx is seeking a Lab Manager who will be responsible for leading a team that coordinates and executes a wide variety of facilities related activities including research lab duties (lab safety, inventory management, cold space storage, and managing equipment repair and maintenance). Manages Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) program responsibilities including waste management, training, and emergency procedures. Responsible for handling all aspects of Shipping and Receiving. Current team includes a Facilities Coordinator (and assistance from IT).
• Oversees house gas systems (N2, LN2, CO2, O2) procurement, inventory and safe storage
• Manages inventory of equipment and supplies utilized in the facility
• Performs preventative and corrective maintenance for refrigerators, freezers, and laboratory equipment
• Schedules and verifies work performed by landlord’s technicians and outside vendors
• Supports annual budget and maintenance contracts based on company goals
• Performs light construction including drywall repair, painting, furniture set-up and moves
• Oversees Glasswash/Autoclaving operations
o Washing, autoclaving, restocking and labeling scientific plastic and glassware
o Maintain common stock and office supply areas including restocking shelves
o Assist with facility work orders
• Works with external consultant regarding EH&S program and disposal of all HazMat waste in compliance with all mandated federal, state and local policies and protocols
• Coordinates with vendors to provide annual EH&S safety, CPR and fire extinguisher training
• Coordinates with EH&S to ensure all county (Department of Environmental Health) and fire (CEDMAT) safety inspections are successful and company is in compliance with all mandated federal, state and local policies and protocols
Shipping & Receiving:
• Coordinates with procurement to return damaged materials to supply vendors
• Assists all company departments with packing of large outgoing parcels
• Unloads and signs for all company supplies, opening boxes, verifying contents against packing slips, distributes and restocks all inventory
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent experience; biotech industry experience is preferred
• Must have 5+ years of relevant work experience
• Must have a proven track record of overseeing facilities operations
• Must have a “hands-on” tactical approach and be familiar with laboratory glass wash and autoclave equipment and procedures
• Must have experience managing inventory with a hands-on approach.
• Must have ability to professionally represent the organization business associates and visitors
• Must have advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office with intermediate to advanced computer skills using Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Must have Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
• Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of staff demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills, with a team approach
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Must be able to prioritize and work under tight timelines with excellent organizational skills
• Must have excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills
• Must be able to perform all the essential functions of the position
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs., stock boxes on 10’ shelves, familiarity in using dollies, pallet jacks, and manual forklifts
We offer a dynamic work environment with a competitive compensation and benefits package. Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to send their resume to: email@example.com.