Ambrx is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company with a mission to deliver breakthrough protein therapeutics through our proprietary technology. Unlike conventional conjugation technologies that creates a mixture of suboptimal molecules, Ambrx technology incorporates non-natural amino acids beyond the common twenty into the protein biosynthesis, enabling site specific conjugation of payloads, pharmacokinetic extenders with proteins to create novel homogenous molecular species that is optimized for safety, efficacy and biophysical properties.
The Vice President Accounting Operations & Financial Reporting reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for managing the corporate accounting & financial reporting function on a day-to-day basis. This includes accounting, external financial reporting, and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, as well as working closely with the senior management team and external auditors. Together with the Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President Accounting Operations & Financial Reporting will present accounting matters to the Board of Directors and Audit Committee on an as-needed basis.
- Oversees all aspects of day-to-day accounting to ensure accurate and timely financial statement preparation, including maintenance of all accounting systems and functions; reviews the monthly/quarterly financial statements and reviews/approves key account reconciliations.
- Manages and mentors accounting/finance (including payroll) team.
- Oversees all accounting strategies, initiatives, and activities, including implementation of new accounting standards and accounting systems.
- Oversees external reporting requirements including GAAP financial statements, SEC filings (such as Form 20-F, 6-Ks, Proxy, 10-K/10-Q, and others). Manages financials statement audits and quarterly reviews, main liaison with external auditors.
- Builds financial infrastructure including controls, policies, and processes and leads accounting process improvements, change initiatives, streamlining processes, developing metrics, and creating efficiencies within the department.
- Ensures maintenance of appropriate internal control environment and accounting procedures, including evaluation of SOX 404 processes and controls.
- Ensures legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial & tax functions. Supports and manages company’s tax compliance and tax provision work, in coordination with external advisors.
- Oversees equity administration and related system, stock-based compensation.
- Evaluation and implementation of new accounting/financials systems and works closely with internal and external stakeholders.
- Evaluates and manages company’s contracting process in coordination with Legal department.
- Manages corporate insurance program and supports company’s risk management program efforts and implementation.
- Assists in the preparation of materials for management and audit/board committee meetings.
- 12+ years of progressive, relevant experience, with a mix of public accounting and public company experience, big 4 experience.
- Bachelor’s degree / advanced degree in accounting or finance preferred / active CPA.
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP and SOX is required.
- ERP and equity administration/stock-based compensation system experience; preferably Great Plain, Microsoft Dynamics 365, NetSuite and other comparable systems.
- Previous experience in Biotech industry preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pivot and work well in fast-paced environment, with significant growth.
- Strong leadership and influence skills with a demonstrated business partnering approach.
- Experienced people manager with proven ability to attract, retain and develop talent.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume/CV referencing the position code to email@example.com. Applicants whose qualifications and experiences most closely match the requirements will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensations & benefits. EOE.