Ambrx Inc., is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing Precision Biologics using an expanded genetic code. Ambrx technology uses an expanded genetic code to incorporate synthetic amino acids into protein, all completed within a living cell. These synthetic amino acids enable the creation of Precision Biologics, an exciting new class of therapeutics with broad application and potential. This includes next-generation antibody drug conjugates (ADCs), bispecifics, and targeted immuno-oncology therapies for cancer as well as smart cytokines to modulate the immune system, and long-acting therapeutic peptides for metabolic and cardiovascular disease.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional in Project and Alliance Management at Associate Director/Director level to be a key member of a fast-paced and dynamic organization.
Reports to the SVP of R&D Operations, the candidate will lead cross-functional core team for the development of multiple IND enabling and early clinical stage programs. Further, the candidate will be managing external collaboration on selected projects.
The candidate will need excellent cross-functional leadership abilities to work with management, project teams, and collaborators to conceive, design and implement product development strategy.
- Providing strategic operational leadership, direction and support to cross-functional teams
- Providing Project Management expertise to ensure all project milestones and deliverables are met, and that tasks are well executed and managed
- Proactively identifying and critically analyzing problems affecting programs and developing viable solutions; ability to identify risk mitigation plans
- Facilitating achievement of goals for program and supervising ongoing progress of key project results against Ambrx’s overall goals by identifying potential risks and contingency plans
- Assessing the needs of the program and department and influencing strategic operational decisions to drive success
- Acting as a key liaison between Ambrx and corporate partners/ or vendors preparing major presentations for joint collaborating meetings effecting important business decisions
- Crafting and driving new processes and tools to ensure vertical and horizontal integration across functional areas
- PhD or MS in biological science with a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical, life sciences or related industry
- Minimum of 5 years in a drug development project/program leadership role
- Experience with development of biologic drugs for oncology in biopharma/biotech is preferred
- Fluent in speaking Mandarin Chinese is essential for alliance management
Professional and Personal Requirements:
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time and have a strong attention to detail while understanding the higher-level strategy
- Track record of leading development programs through preclinical and clinical phases of development
- Thorough understanding of the drug development pipeline including: Research, Preclinical, Clinical, Manufacturing, Regulatory and Commercial
- A proven record of implementing Project Management tools, methodologies, practices and infrastructure, as related to the Biopharmaceutical Industry
- Outstanding influencing skills across the organization including executive/senior management
- Strong written and verbal communication and be able to communicate effectively across functions and different levels of leadership
- Expertise to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-based matrix environment as well as the ability to function independently
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code to email@example.com. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits. EOE