Ambrx is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company with a mission to deliver breakthrough protein therapeutics through our proprietary technology. Unlike conventional conjugation technologies that creates a mixture of suboptimal molecules, Ambrx technology incorporates non-natural amino acids beyond the common twenty into the protein biosynthesis, enabling site specific conjugation of payloads, pharmacokinetic extenders with proteins to create novel homogenous molecular species that is optimized for safety, efficacy and biophysical properties.
Ambrx is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Associate Scientist to be a key member of the In Vivo – Pharmacology team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This position will be responsible for conducting in vivo pharmacology experiments.
- Independently conduct rodent in vivo pharmacology experiments, including but not limited to initiating, maintaining, and evaluating oncology models, including model development, dosing for PK/PD relationships and efficacy studies – with blood sampling, and tissue/tumor collection endpoint analysis for FACS analysis, IHC etc.
- Author study reports in a timely manner and assist in maintaining and organize report repository.
- Effectively present experimental data with concise results to guide drug development at organizational meetings.
- Work as part of a collaborative team to design, plan and execute experiments that support research activities.
- Assist in IACUC documentation preparation and renewal and vivarium compliance.
- Interface with external laboratories for testing and sample analysis when required.
- BS/MS with 3+ years related experience.
- Highly skilled in various methods of dosing (SC, IP, IT, PO, and IV) and blood collection (RO, tail vein, and cardiac puncture) in mice primarily, but occasional rat studies.
- Strong experience in tumor measurements by caliper, body weighing, and health monitoring. Must be experienced with precise dosage calculations for in vivo efficacy studies.
- Familiarity in harvesting and disaggregating tissue / tumor for subsequent ex vivo analysis – experience with multi-color FACS analysis a plus.
- Familiar with software including Graph Pad, Microsoft office etc. for data analysis and data summary and presentation.
- Adaptive and a quick learner, efficient in multitasking, highly organized and excellent record keeping.
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants whose qualifications and experiences most closely match the requirements will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits. EOE.