Ambrx Inc., is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing Precision Biologics using an expanded genetic code. Ambrx technology uses an expanded genetic code to incorporate synthetic amino acids into protein, all completed within a living cell. These synthetic amino acids enable the creation of Precision Biologics, an exciting new class of therapeutics with broad application and potential. This includes next-generation antibody drug conjugates (ADCs), bispecifics, and targeted immuno-oncology therapies for cancer as well as smart cytokines to modulate the immune system, and long-acting therapeutic peptides for metabolic and cardiovascular disease.
Job Description Summary:
The Associate Director/Director, Clinical Translational Sciences, will be a key member of drug development team, responsible for developing integrated translational medicine and clinical biomarker strategies. The level will depend on experience.
- Develop and support the translational medicine/biomarker strategy and workplan, in collaboration with other functional experts, to support clinical development decision making (including, but not limited to, patient selection using predictive biomarkers, indication selection based on translational medicine data, dose selection using PD markers, etc.)
- Oversee the execution of the translational medicine and biomarker workplan.
- Communicate translational medicine strategy, plan and findings to clinical development team and governance committees.
- Contribute to the preparation of regulatory documentation and interactions, including preparation of Translational medicine/Biomarker sections in Clinical protocols, Investigator Brochures, Product Development Plans, and Clinical Study Reports.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with external network of key opinion leaders, and set up external collaborations to access cutting edge science to accelerate translational medicine research and early clinical development
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
Candidates must have the following educational knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Advanced degree in a scientific discipline (Ph.D. or PharmD), or M.D. with 10- 15 years of relevant experience is required
- 15-20+ years’ experience leading translational medicine and biomarker teams, supporting both early and late phase development, with 10+ years of experience actively managing and collaborating with outside partners/vendors
- Outstanding written, oral, organizational, and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external key stakeholders
- Must be a passionate, self-starter, independent innovative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits.