Job Code: 59-21BA
Ambrx is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company with a mission to deliver breakthrough protein therapeutics through our proprietary technology. Unlike conventional conjugation technologies that creates a mixture of suboptimal molecules, Ambrx technology incorporates non-natural amino acids beyond the common twenty into the protein biosynthesis, enabling site specific conjugation of payloads, pharmacokinetic extenders with proteins to create novel homogenous molecular species that is optimized for safety, efficacy and biophysical properties.
Ambrx is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Accounting Supervisor / Associate Accounting Manager to be a key member of the Finance team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The Accounting Supervisor / Associate Accounting Manager will ensure accurate and timely processing and recording of the company’s financial transactions and ensures compliance with internal controls.
- Responsible for month-end closing process and preparation of consolidated financial statements.
- Analysis of monthly general ledger account activity, journal entries, accruals, and reconciliation of GL accounts.
- Calculate, analyze, and prepare journal entries for R&D contract accruals, based on CMO and CRO agreements. Liaise with internal and external project managers for monthly analysis and to resolve issues.
- Manages consolidations and intercompany transactions.
- Prepare bank reconciliations for multiple entities, using Great Plains.
- Responsible for Fixed Asset process, including additions and disposals, and running quarterly depreciation, using Great Plains.
- Maintain various spreadsheets, using advanced Excel formulas and pivot tables, to support financial transactions and analysis of various expenses.
- Participate in annual budget process and budget vs. actual reporting.
- Supervises AP staff and manages AP process and procedures.
- Supports and prepares work papers for annual financial audit and related tax provision and tax return. Correspond with external auditors and tax firm as required.
- Tax compliance support for Use Tax, Property Tax, and other city/state reporting, as needed.
- Develops and implements workflow process improvements and internal controls, including documentation of desktop procedures.
- Assist with special, ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Respond to internal and external customer requests as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 5+ years of progressive experience in Accounting
- Active CPA
- Previous experience in Biotech industry & public company experience, Big 4 experience preferred
- Solid understanding of U.S. GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Ability to research and interpret accounting guidance
- Strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains)
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and organization
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, VLOOKUP, array formulas etc.)
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with little supervision and knows when to ask for advise
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume/CV referencing the position code to email@example.com. Applicants whose qualifications and experiences most closely match the requirements will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensations & benefits. EOE.