Ambrx (NYSE: AMAM) is a clinical-stage biologics company focused on discovering and developing a novel class of specific and selective engineered precision biologics, using our proprietary platform technology that allows site-specific incorporation of synthetic amino acids (SAAs) into proteins within living cells. Our product candidates are designed to overcome the inherent limitations of conventional conjugation approaches that use non-site-specific conjugation, in order to optimize for safety and efficacy benefits across multiple therapeutic classes in broad therapeutic areas.
Ambrx is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Accounting Manager to be a key member of the Finance team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The Accounting Manager will ensure accurate and timely processing and recording of the company’s financial transactions and ensures compliance with internal controls.
- Responsible for month-end closing process and preparation of consolidated financial statements.
- Supervises Accounts Payable staff and manages process and procedures.
- Analysis of monthly general ledger account activity, journal entries, accruals, and reconciliation of GL accounts.
- Calculate, analyze, and prepare journal entries for Research and Development (R&D) contract accrual models, based on Contract Manufacturing (CMO) and Clinical Research (CRO) agreements. Liaise with internal and external project managers for monthly analysis and to resolve issues.
- Manages consolidations and intercompany transactions.
- Responsible for Fixed Asset process, including additions and disposals, and running quarterly depreciation, using Great Plains.
- Prepare bank reconciliations for multiple entities, using Great Plains.
- Supports and prepares work papers for annual financial audit and related tax provision and tax return. Correspond with external auditors and tax firm as required.
- Maintain various spreadsheets, using advanced Excel formulas and pivot tables, to support financial transactions and analysis of various expenses.
- Participate in annual budget process and budget vs. actual reporting.
- Tax compliance support for Use Tax, Property Tax, and other city/state reporting, as needed.
- Develops and implements workflow process improvements and internal controls, including documentation of desktop procedures.
- Assist with special, ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Respond to internal and external customer requests as appropriate.
- BS degree in accounting or finance.
- Active CPA.
- Minimum of 6+ years of progressive experience in Accounting.
- Minimum of 2+ years of supervisory experience of the Accounts Payable function.
- Previous experience in Biotech industry & public company experience, Big 4 or large regional experience preferred.
- Previous experience with clinical trial, research and development, and outsourced manufacturing accounting.
- Solid understanding of U.S. GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Ability to research and interpret accounting guidance.
- Strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains).
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and organization.
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, VLOOKUP, array formulas etc.).
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with little supervision and knows when to ask for advise.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume/CV referencing the position code to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants whose qualifications and experiences most closely match the requirements will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensations & benefits. EOE.